Re: [squid-users] ./squid -z questions

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:43:31 +0200

On 28.06 22:54, Hendrik Voigtländer wrote:
> This is what I would do:
> - deaktivate all cache_dir which are close to 100%
> - deaktivate all cache_dirs on one disk
> - repartition it with a single partition & mkreiserfs
> - put one cache_dir on it
> - repeat with the other disks
> - if you are on a big uplink hit ratios shouldnt suffer to much, take
> your time and let squid refill the cache_dirs.
> - be careful with the cache_dir size. with your disks not more than 50%
> and you don't need to keep more than a week of traffic.

well, I would use more than 50%, maybe 70%, or better, ~80% of free space
on created filesystem, where the overhead is already substracted

> - think about using aufs - I tried it recently - Adam Aube recommended
> it to me - works fine on a high load squid - but IMHO you should reduce
> the number of cache_dirs first.

I would check and probably increase maximum_object_size up to ~32MB
and use cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.