[squid-users] reverse proxy / virtual hosting

From: Dan DeLong <ddelong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:06:10 -0400

I currently run multiple squid instances (on 1 machine) as a reverse proxies
for multiple websites I'm hosting. The backend server is the same server for
my sites but the port number is different. My squid.conf files are setup as
follows:

squid.conf for www.abc.com
http_port 1.1.1.1:80
httpd_accel_host 2.2.2.2
httpd_accel_port 9000

squid.conf for www.xzy.com
http_port 1.1.1.2:80
httpd_accel_host 2.2.2.2
httpd_accel_port 8000

Is it possible to setup squid for virtual hosting so that it can listen on
one address (http_port 1.1.1.1:80) yet based on the URL can go to my
httpd_accel_host of 2.2.2.2 but to the httpd_accel_port that will serve up
the proper web pages ?

Thanks for the help