RE: [squid-users] How to run 2 squid.conf with Fedora 1

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:56:51 +0200

> Thanks but it was not a question ;)
>
> When I want to run 2 squid the second doesn't start because
> of the first.

 Sorry, but please make sure that you know what you want
and what you are doing.
To run 2 instances of squid on the same host you will have
to make sure that :

  - they do not use the same port to listen on for client requests
  - they can not use the same cache dir(s)
  - they can not use the same log files.

Both squid.conf files will have to be 'orthoginalized' in a sufficient
manner with respect to these issues, otherwise you can not run 2
instances of squid on the same host.
Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything else.

Regards,

Marc