Re: [squid-users] squid + ClamAV how to ???

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 04:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

You can use squidguard as a redirector, Viralator as
antivirus gateway and finally any antivuris supported
by Viralator, ClamAV is.

The cycle is simple, if you will compile things
according to installation instruction it should go
smoothly.

Squid needs a redirector to send request to an
Antivirus, but none of squid redirectors can directly
commnuicate with an Anti virus so a gateway is needed
which in this case is Viralator .

--- Valter Dal Bo <dalbo@tesco.it> wrote:
> Great !
> Any idea on how I can do that ?
> For the moment I've got
>
> Squid--->Redirector
> &
> Antivirus Engine
>
> sort of "detached" from each other.
>
> What can I do to connect the various processess in
> order to obtain a
> working "mechanism"
>
> Thanks 4 your help.
> Valter
>
> Mohsin Khan wrote:
>
> >you will be needing this combination
> >
> >Redirector, Antivirus gateway, Antivirus engine(DB)
> >working as
> >
> >Squid--->Redirector---->Antivirus
> Gateway--->Antivirus
> >Engine.
> >
> >--- Valter Dal Bo <dalbo@tesco.it> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all.
> >>
> >>How can I use ClamAV with squid2.4stable7 +
> >>squidguard on linux MDK in
> >>order to scan all incoming traffic (e.g.
> >>javascripts....) ?
> >>
> >>Thank you

=====
Regards,
Mohsin Khan
CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate 2.0 )
http://www.aaghaz.net