Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: Re: authentication

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 04:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

winbindd with ntlm auth let squid use Active directory
database, one can create an user based acl. More
likely if you have domain model in windows and using
AD(active directory) and you want only domain users to
brows internet through your squid, and moreover you do
not want your users to be prompted by a password
windwo, you should use winbindd with ntlm.

--- Payal Rathod <payal-squid@staticky.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:29:13PM -0400, Adam Aube
> wrote:
>
> > If all you are using is a proxy_auth REQUIRED acl,
> he doesn't need to create
> > the group on the Windows side. Any valid Windows
> logon should work.
>
> Then I guess I should remove the REQUIRED tag.
>
> Also, can I just use smb_auth and deny read access
> to proxyauth file for
> not required users? I want to test access control
> for users.
>
> With warm regards,
> -Payal

=====
Regards,
Mohsin Khan
CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate 2.0 )
http://www.aaghaz.net