[squid-users] Not exactly transparent

From: Paweł Bielecki <pawciobiel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:34:23 +0200

Hi
Reading this doc about Transparent mode in proxy:
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/book-full.html
I have got conclusion:
When HIT and when MISS the Operating System fakes the source address of
the packets.

I wonder how to setup special transparent mode what give me:
When HIT the transparent squid and system will NOT fakes the real adres
of packets/ page and source address will be the address of gw proxy
machine. When MISS the system and proxy fakes the real source address
of packets.

Now I am using TOS patch
http://sed.pl/~mrk/qos/squid_hit_miss_mark.patch
and by dint of magick iptables and tc a have got what I wont.
Is it the only way to do this?

--
Paweł Bielecki
E-mail: pawciobiel(at)kozmianet(dot)kom(dot)pl