[squid-users] No login prompt for ldpa_group authentication

From: <michela.gandolfo_external@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:42:36 +0200

Hello,
I'm tiring to run Squid 2.5.STABLE5 with ldap_group authentication.

I configured the squid.conf file like:

External_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN
/usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_group -b
"OU=Groups,OU=department,OU=office,DC=my_domain" -f "(cn=%v)" -B
"OU=Users,OU=department,OU=office,DC=my_domain" -F "samaccountname=%s)
-h ldapserver.my_domain -p 389 -D dummyuser@my_domain -w secretpassword
(I tested it on command line and it works fine)

Acl ldaptest external ldap_group Internet
Http_access allow ldaptest

But when I try to go to the internet via proxy using IE 6 it does not
prompt me for username and password.

I'm not able to find a document that explains clearly what steps have to
be taken for a correct configuration.
In some mail I see that people configured also the auth_parmam with the
acl "acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED", but, if I'm not wrong, it should
be used only for ldap_auth that works with basic authentication...
Any way, I tried also this way but, even if login prompt appears, ldap
does not authenticate any user...

There is some one who can help me or can tell me where to find
documentation on how configure squid for squid_ldap_group?

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for my poor English

Best Regards
Michela Gandolfo