[squid-users] Re: Need information on ...

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:05:59 -0400

Pundaleek P Belamge wrote:

> Can you let me know about the working of Async-IO + Diskd in Squid on
> FreeBSD 5.1 machine.

Diskd is the recommended async IO method to use on FreeBSD systems, which
gives much improved performance over the default ufs storage method.

> And a theoratical approach of Transparent proxy, Redirection.

Transparent proxy is using network redirection to direct packets to the
proxy without configuring the browsers to use it. It is generally
recommended to use proxy autoconfiguration to explicity configure the
client browsers instead.

Redirection is use of a helper program to rewrite requested URLs based on
certain criteria.

More information on all of these topics is in the Squid FAQ and the list
archives.

Adam