[squid-users] help! problem accessing aol through IE

From: <jeffs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:53:40 -0400

Hello and I'm glad to be a member of this list.

I am running squid version 2.4.stable6 and have had no problems until
today when a user called up and said he could not access aol email through

internet explorer. Then another user called up and well I'm in charge of
fixing all this. So... here are the specifics:

When these users go to aol.com they can sign in but when they click on the

email icon they recieve a message saying an error has occurred and they
cannot enter to see their email. I've checked the forum but there doesn't

seem to be any reference to this, although perhaps this is common with
long URLs I presume.

The icon that they click on has an embbeded URL wtih this information:

http://www.aol.com/ams/clickThruRedirect.adp?1073762100,2147856003x2147590198,http://webmail.aol.com/

The URL then changes rapidly and the last one displayed before the error
message is displayed on their screen is this one:

http://my.screenname.aol.com/error.psp?error=220&siteId=vatlasaol&continueUrl=/_cqr/login/login.psp%3FauthLev%3D2

I have tried using the following statement in my squid.conf file but to no

avail:

acl aol dstdomain .aol.com
always_direct allow aol

I would appreciate *any* suggestions a kind soul could offer as I'm at my
wits end as to what to do.

Thanks,

J.