Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Cannot run /usr/local/squid/libexec/my_helper process.

From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:14:23 +0200

Elsen Marc wrote:

>> It works:
>>
>> su squid
>>

> Detail , you must use :
>
> su - squid
>
> for testing (check again).
>
> Otherwise it astonishes me,completely. Unless process resources
> would prevent creation of processes , for instance.
> Check system logs, for more info. But I doubt very much that
> this is the case, indeed.

Oh, it doesn't matter if I use "su squid", "su - squid" or "su -l squid".

Squid doesn't even need to be able to have a shell in /etc/passwd to
work (well, this problematic one doesn't work with or without it).

squid2@pf /usr/local/squid/sbin$ ulimit -a
core file size (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files (-n) 1024
pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes (-u) 1023
virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited

No problems with resources, nothing in system logs.

-- T.