[squid-users] cache_peer with multiple IP addresses

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

During the last Millenium, we started using hierarchical Squid arrays with
load balancing. We are currently using Squid 2.4 STABLE7.

We have been migrating to a new network architecture and have noticed some
problems with accessing the parent cache. This appears to be the result
of Squid storing all IP addresses associated with a parent or sibling
cache.

When queried, our DNS servers return the IP addresses in the preferred
order. Unfortunately, Squid stores the returned IP addresses but doesn't
maintain the ordering.

Is there a mechanism within Squid for defining an IP address sort list?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard
VERSION:			3.0