Re: [squid-users] Performance Troubleshooting

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

Several benchmarks that I've seen on the web give the following rankings
to the various Linux file systems.

        JFS
        XFS The ranking of XFS and ReiserFS seems to be
        ReiserFS switched among the various benchmarks
        EXT2
        EXT3

At any rate, the EXT3 file system is reported, generally, to be
significantly slower than the other choices. ReiserFS might be the best
choice for a Squid environment where there are a lot of "goo-gahs" on a
page.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard