RE: [squid-users] cache_peer with multiple IP addresses

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 06:00:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Elsen Marc wrote:

> > During the last Millenium, we started using hierarchical Squid arrays
> > with load balancing. We are currently using Squid 2.4 STABLE7.
> >
> > We have been migrating to a new network architecture and have noticed
> > some problems with accessing the parent cache. This appears to be
>
> What are those problems, then ?
> Details, error messages e.d...

The "detected DEAD parent/sibling" messages in the cache log. Squid
records multiple IP addresses for several siblings and the parent in an
array. The [0] element of the array may be the one with the longest delay
or unreachable.

Is there a mechanism to define a preference order to IP addresses?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard
VERSION:			3.0