Re: [squid-users] download.windowsupdate.com

From: Babar Kazmi <BabarKazmi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:14:41 +0500

Dear Lizzy

Could you please elaborate this problem ? I think using a sniffer could help
us more to solve this as Brett says its a bug.
I would also like to learn with you.

Regards

Babar Kazmi.

>From: Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
>To: "Lizzy Dizzy" <lizzy_99@hotmail.com>, squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] download.windowsupdate.com
>
>Squid does NOT handle Windows Update properly. In fact, it multiplies
>the traffic by a factor of 1000 in some cases! This is a serious bug
>in Squid that really should be fixed.
>
>--Brett Glass
>
>At 03:33 AM 7/15/2004, Lizzy Dizzy wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >anyone has their squid cache slowed down by this website? Especially
these few days? I notice a surge in the number of request to this site. I
have set my FileDescriptors to 8192, yet everytime it slows down the squid
when only 4000 are used. Even cache HITS are affected.