Re: [squid-users] raid

From: Peter Lustig <peter_lustig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:22 +0200

komal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to know which RAID level would be best suited for squid cache. I am
> assessing for RAID 0. Please share your views with me.
>
> Thank you
>
> komal

Squid will not benefit from raid, equal which raid level you choose. The
average object size is too small as if raid could accelerate caching
operations.
You can tune Squid by using the right filesystem. For a comparison see
the following presention from Duane Wessels:

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/presentations/os2002/wessels_duane.ppt

HTH