Re: [squid-users] wccp-gre tunnel

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:09:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Mark Tinka wrote:

> i've managed to compile my ip_wccp.o module for
> kernel-2.6.5, and also got my router to see squid via
> wccp.. but there's still no action..
>
> could it be because i haven't setup gre?

No, ip_wccp automatically accepts any WCCP encapsulated packets and
directs them to the local host. But it does not cause them to
automatically be delivered to the http proxy, for this you need to use
firewalling/nat rules.

See the FAQ on Interception and/or WCCP caching for details. The same
instructions applies to Linux-2.4 and 2.6 except for details on how to
compile the ip_wccp module.