Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: dialer downloads bypassing squid acls

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:28:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Luis Miguel R. wrote:

> > If you want the ability to match on the MIME filename (something like a
> > (rep|rep)_mime_name acl), then either write a patch or submit a feature
> > request bug. If it means a great deal to your organization, perhaps they
> > would consider sponsoring a developer to implement it.
>
> I am pointing to "a problem" that I think many people is interested and
> that (IMHO) needs to be addressed.

To that I think we all agree. But who is supposed to address this need if
not the persons having the need for it? I am sorry to say but new features
does not just magically appear in the distribution, someone must make
them.

To lessen your concern I should note that there is actually a patch
contributed by another user doing this in our bug/feature database (#961).
But a bit of work still remains before the feature can be merged into the
official Squid tree.

I have the privilege to be able to spend some paid time on Squid 2.5 bug
maintenance thanks to the Squid support contracts customers have bought
from MARA Systems AB, but this does not cover new features.