Re: [squid-users] squid or squidguard for acls

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:57:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Luis Miguel wrote:

> Hi all, I see squid supporting all acls types that squidguard have

Nearly, but not all. Squid does not have a good equivalence of the urllist
acl type in SquidGuard.

> are there any good reason to use squidguard for filtering purposes
> instead of squid acls?

If you can use the Squid ACLs these are generally more efficient. For
large installations the overhead of just calling SquidGuard is
significant, no matter how fast SquidGuard itself is.

In both using large lists of regex expressions is a performance killer.
All other kinds of ACLs perform good.