Re: [squid-users] Market Overview

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:08:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Sunil S wrote:

> May be directory integration.. with a lot of control on users using the
> proxy.

With Novell NDS acessible using LDAP Squid integrates very well with NDS
or pretty much any other major directory server out there..

> So we chose squid because it was a super performer with all access
> controll features that we needed at no cost. The organisation that I
> work for was willing to BUY a proxy and was not much interested much in
> Linux/free softwares.... times have changed now!

If anyone is in this situation then there is several commercial providers
using Squid. This way you get the best of both. My personal preference is
naturally with MARA Systems (as I part own it, and is also responsible for
the product design), but Swelltech also is a recommendable player in this
market.

By buying from the recommended Squid commercial providers you in fact help
the Squid community by making sure the Squid development surives and is
the second best thing from hiring your own developers to work on
enhancing Squid.