Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:47:38 -0500

I now have commented out the redirect_program and the proxy still will
only go the the redirected page. I am now using FireFox on a SuSE 9.1
workstation. My network config has the proxy server as the gateway and
the proxy is configured to allow only my segment http_access. Any
thoughts? If you need more info let me know.

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> "Becskei Robert" <brobiwbe@stcable.co.yu> 7/20/2004 11:38:10 AM

Hi,

 I think Squid itself has cached the site, and since internet explorer
5 and
6 (with ie fix on in squid.conf) still don't work ok...it will stay
that
way...till you use mozilla or some other better browser to check out a
site
that triggers the redirection script. (this happened to me a few
times,
since I use redirection for porn sites, and have a page popping up
when
someone visits a porn site, and it stayed there even after I removed
it....then I did a Mozilla sex site and it went away...., just luv IE
:) )

 Sincerely
 Robert B