Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:21:29 -0500

Here is a listing of my redir.ol script. It is right out of the Squid
book.

#!/usr/bin/perl -wl
$|=1; # Don't buffer output
while (<>) {
     ($uri,&client,$ident,$method) = ();
     ($uri,&client,$ident,$method) = split;
     next unless ($uri =~ m,^http://.*\.dbu\.edu(\S*),);
     print "$uri"
} continue {
     $uri = "http://proxy1.dbu.edu:8088";
     print "$uri";
}

Any url request outside of *.dbu.edu should be sent to the redirect
website, any dbu url should be passed through. The redir was working but
now has been removed. Now all requests go to the redir page. I'm
confused. Is there a place in the docs that talks about the process flow
of squid?

thanks

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> "Rick Whitley" <rickwh@dbu.edu> 7/21/2004 8:47:38 AM >>>
I now have commented out the redirect_program and the proxy still will
only go the the redirected page. I am now using FireFox on a SuSE 9.1
workstation. My network config has the proxy server as the gateway and
the proxy is configured to allow only my segment http_access. Any
thoughts? If you need more info let me know.

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> "Becskei Robert" <brobiwbe@stcable.co.yu> 7/20/2004 11:38:10 AM

Hi,

 I think Squid itself has cached the site, and since internet explorer
5 and
6 (with ie fix on in squid.conf) still don't work ok...it will stay
that
way...till you use mozilla or some other better browser to check out a
site
that triggers the redirection script. (this happened to me a few
times,
since I use redirection for porn sites, and have a page popping up
when
someone visits a porn site, and it stayed there even after I removed
it....then I did a Mozilla sex site and it went away...., just luv IE
:) )

 Sincerely
 Robert B