RE: [squid-users] load balancing

From: David Rippel <RippelD@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:43:57 -0400

Check out http://naragw.sharp.co.jp/sps/. I think that this is the most simple and effective way as long as you don't mind using proxy.pac files and/or WPAD. Your other option is to use LVS w/ keepalived and ICP.

Regards,
David

>>> Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@Wiremold.com> 7/22/2004 8:02:00 AM >>>
Do a search for "round robin dns" "multiple a records" "clustering"
"redundancy" "failover". That should give good coverage on the techniques

Also...visiting www.squid-cache.org and searching for "failover" will help.

Chris Perreault