[squid-users] Mime settings

From: Jacob Nielsen <jni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:48:41 +0200

Hello List

I'm configuring a squid proxy server for my work, and I have only (so far) ran in to 1 problem. Some weird stuff about 'application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig', which I haven't played with before. I started google'ing the problem and found that I should add this:

\.pac$ application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig anthony-unknown.gif - image

to my mime.conf, so I tried that. The problem here is, that I don't get a file with an extension when I ask for the page. Here is my log entry:

1090380575.598 0 10.17.21.3 TCP_MEM_HIT/200 918 GET http://xyz.xyz.net/ - NONE/- application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig

If I fetch it directly with no proxy I only get an index.html and it works. Here is what the file contains:

-----
chandler squid # lynx --source http://xyz.xyz.net
/* DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT!
1,1,-1,-1

 * Proxy autoconfig file for Netscape Navigator
 * Generated by Netscape-Proxy/3.52
 * Generated on Thu Aug 16 11:26:54 2001

 *
 * DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT! DO NOT EDIT!
 *Any changes you make could be overwritten by the admin interface
 */
  function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
  {
   // Direct connections to non-FQDN hosts
       if (isPlainHostName(host)) {
          return "DIRECT";
       }

   // Otherwise use proxy
     return "PROXY S109155:80;" +
     "DIRECT";
  }
chandler squid #
-----

So I need some help getting out of this problem. I hope I have supplied enough information.

Sincerly yours
Jacob Nielsen

        \/ \/ jni@laps.dk \/

|As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, |
|they are not certain; and as far as they are certain,|
|they do not refer to reality. |