Re: [squid-users] RE: failure notice

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:02:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Suraj Sankaran // Paladion Networks wrote:

> I'm using the squid_auth_ldap module in squid for squid and ldap
> authentication. While running this module from command line I'm not getting
> authenticated.

For help with the squid_auth_ldap application please contact the author.

The recommended method for LDAP integration of Squid is to use the
squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group helpers shipped with Squid.

> Basically, the module is able to find the correct dn, but unable to verify
> the password. Currently I'm using basic scheme in my squid.conf file for
> this module, but my passwords are hashed at the ldap server. Will this cause
> any difference?

Should not as long as the passwords are correctly hashed in a way
understood by your LDAP server, but some servers restrict how one may
authenticate...