RE: [squid-users] http_proxy_authorization header

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:40:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Chris Perreault wrote:

> I can retrieve the username, on the origin webserver by unencoding the
> base64 encoded username. This arrives within the http_proxy_authorization
> header.

Hmm.. it is meant to be sent in the authorization header in your
configuration (originserver login=...)

> I was looking to change the name of this header, and figured that squid
> named the header. In the below directory I typed this, hoping to find
> it, and then just change the name of it and recompile:
>
> linux:/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/squid-3.0-PRE3-20040608 # grep -R http_proxy
> *

You are looking for the wrong thing ;-)

The variable name you have is how your HTTP server indicates HTTP header
values. The header you are looking for is Proxy-Authorization, known
within Squid by the name HDR_PROXY_AUTHORIZATION.

The exact piece of code managing the login= option is
httpBuildRequestHeader() in http.cc