[squid-users] Re: Re: Re: More NTLM Problems

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:10:55 -0400

Johnny Doe wrote:
> --- Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu> wrote:
>> Johnny Doe wrote:

>>> Yes the wbinfo -a run as user squid gives me back
>>> plaintext password authentication succeeded
>>> challenge/response password authentication succeeded

>>> If I put squid-2.5-basic i get prompted for username/password and
>>> everything works fine, it's just squid-2.5-ntlmssp that I'm having
>>> problems with. Not sure if this help but in my winbindd.log I keep
>>> getting this:
>>
>>> [2004/07/26 11:49:39, 1]
>>> nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1029)
>>> user 'squid' does not exist
>>
>> Odd. Can you post the exact command(s) you used to run the wbinfo -a test
>> as the squid user? If the password is on the command line, you can munge
>> that.

> -bash-2.05b$ wbinfo -a 465732%######
> plaintext password authentication succeeded
> challenge/response password authentication succeeded
>
> 465732 being the username and ###### being the
> password

Since you didn't explicitly show it, I'm going to guess that you did a "su
squid" before running wbinfo.

Have you added any winbind lines to nsswitch.conf or PAM? If all you are
using winbind for is Squid integration with a Windows domain, you don't
need those lines and can take them out.

That might be the source of the odd lines in winbindd.log, but that still
won't explain why NTLM auth isn't working.

Just to be thorough, can you post your smb.conf file and the output of
"squid -v"?

Adam