Re: AW: [squid-users] out of filedescriptors

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:43:43 +0200

> There no other solution than recompile squid ?

There is another solution, but this is probably not very useful as it
involves switching the distribution.
The debian package is precompiled for 4096 FD.

#
# /etc/default/squid
# Configuration settings for the Squid proxy server.
#

# Max. number of filedescriptors to use. You can increase this
# on a busy cache to a maximum of (currently) 4096 filedescriptors.
# Default is 1024.
SQUID_MAXFD=1024

> I never did it and I'm afraid about this.

Squid is quite easy to compile compared with some other software.

Best regards,

Hendrik Voigtländer