RE: [squid-users] ldap auth testing

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:41:42 -0500

Thanks for the info. When I run ldapsearch I get the following message:

SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: unknown authentication method (86)
      additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

Any thoughts?

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@Wiremold.com> 7/27/2004 10:00:01
AM >>>
Go to the source code's helper/basic_auth/LDAP directory and check out
the
README there. Run the ldap auth helper outside of squid, and see if you
are
reaching the ldap server or do a ldapsearch to make sure you can reach
the
ldap directory. (man ldapsearch)

From my experience, and from what I've read in this list, it makes
sense to
make sure the helper works outside of the squid process. If it doesn't
work
there, it sure won't work within squid:)

Chris