Re: [squid-users] IWSS + squid-icap

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:23:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dave Raven wrote:

> Saw some mention on the lists of a patch needed to use IWSS, is it
> possible to just change an option on the Trend server to fix it?

IWSS has additional demands on the ICAP implementation which can not be
fulfilled by the ICAP patch published by HP Labs in a sane manner. Because
of this MARA wrote a new ICAP patch to fulfull the needs of IWSS.
Unfortunately due to some events outside the scope of this list the
original customer never paid for this patch and hence the patch has not
yet been published until there is a customer willing to pay for the
development of this patch.

> Or do we defiantly need the patch? If so, please can someone tell me how
> to get the patch

If you want seamless integration of IWSS ICAP you need the patch. Access
to the patch including support can be bought from MARA Systems by
contacting sales@marasystems.com.