Re: [squid-users] Fw: Re: Re: Re: More NTLM Problems

From: Tim Neto <tneto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:56:56 -0400

Could this be a iptables (lokkit) issue? The access denied could be a clue.

Try stripping all control ACLs from your squid.conf file. Run Squid as
just an open proxy relay for a moment to test. See if Squid is the
"access" denied or is there another service in the OS causing the access
denied.

Tim

Timothy E. Neto
 Computer Systems Engineer Komatsu Canada Limited
 Ph#: 905-625-6292 x265 1725B Sismet Road
 Fax: 905-625-6348 Mississauga, Canada
 E-Mail: tneto@komatsu.ca L4W 1P9

Johnny Doe wrote:

>I'm not sure whats going on. I just put a clean
>fedora 2 install on the box and I am getting the same
>exact problem. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong
>but there is def something wrong. The only thing I
>find wierd is that I am trying to use this with
>dansguardian and if I stop dansguardian and comment
>out the auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
>--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp it still doenst
>let me out. I keep getting denied in the access log.
>--- Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu> wrote:
>

>>Please reply to the list and not to me personally.
>>
>>Johnny Doe wrote:

>>guess that you did a

>>or PAM? If all you are

>>Windows domain, you don't

>>file and the output of

>>>Yes I did su over to squid before running that
>>>

>>command. I'm not sure you
>>

>>>ment by the if I changed pam but here is the squid
>>>

>>file from
>>

>>>the /etc/pam.d
>>>

>>>#%PAM-1.0
>>>auth required pam_stack.so
>>>

>>service=system-auth
>>

>>>account required pam_stack.so
>>>

>>service=system-auth
>>

>>>Here is a copy of my nsswitch.conf
>>>

>>>passwd: files nisplus
>>>shadow: files nisplus
>>>group: files nisplus
>>>hosts: files nisplus dns
>>>bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
>>>ethers: files
>>>netmasks: files
>>>networks: files
>>>protocols: files winbind nisplus
>>>rpc: files
>>>services: files winbind nisplus
>>>netgroup: files winbind nisplus
>>>publickey: nisplus
>>>automount: files winbind nisplus
>>>aliases: files nisplus
>>>

>>>smb.conf
>>>

>>>[global]
>>> workgroup = SMC
>>> server string = SMCSquid Samba Server
>>> winbind uid = 10000-20000
>>> winbind gid = 10000-20000
>>> winbind enum users = yes
>>> winbind enum groups = yes
>>> template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
>>> template shell = /bin/bash
>>> printcap name = /etc/printcap
>>> load printers = yes
>>> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>>> max log size = 50
>>> security = domain
>>> password server = smcnt3
>>> encrypt passwords = yes
>>> smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
>>> unix password sync = Yes
>>> passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
>>> passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
>>>

>>*ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
>>
>>*passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
>>

>>> socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192

> [...]
>>> browseable = no
>>> writable = yes
>>>[printers]
>>> comment = All Printers