Re: [squid-users] ldap auth testing

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:46:43 -0500

Thanks for the tip, but I can't seem to make it work. I know that the id
and password are correct because I use them from another system (radius)
to authenticate via ldap. Here is what I am getting:

proxy2:echo "ctdlaptop f0ulb3ast" |
/usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b "ou=academics,o=dbu" -D
"cn=LDAPUser,ou=users,o=dbu" -w "n0neshall" -h 10.5.10.215
/usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth: line 1: ctdlaptop: command
not found

I'm confused!

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> Tim Neto <tneto@komatsu.ca> 7/28/2004 8:03:12 AM >>>

A little trick not in the man pages or the docs.

When testing squid_ldap_auth or squid_ldap_group from the unix (Linux)

shell, you must pipe the username and password information into the
program. This is what Squid itself does. This stumped me for a bit
early on.

echo "<username>
<password>" | squid_ldap_auth -options...

Otherwise, when testing all you will get is "ERR".

Tim

Timothy E. Neto
 Computer Systems Engineer Komatsu Canada Limited
 Ph#: 905-625-6292 x265 1725B Sismet Road
 Fax: 905-625-6348 Mississauga, Canada
 E-Mail: tneto@komatsu.ca L4W 1P9