[squid-users] Name resolution for FTP sites

From: Yaraghchi, Stephan <stephan.yaraghchi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:27:24 +0200

Hi Fellows,

I'm actually not sure if the following is a squid problem
but maybe someone has an idea:

When I'm connecting to FTP sites using a client that's
capable of tunneling through http (e. g. filezilla) it takes
awfully long to connect.
When I'm using the IP address instead of the hostname
it happens as fast as expected.

This makes me think that it has to do something with name
resolution.
It works fine for browsers connecting to the proxy and for
command line FTP originated from the proxy itself, though...

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Stephan Yaraghchi.