RE: [squid-users] Squid problem regarding memory usage

From: Diamond King <mercyful_fated@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

Running Squid version squid-2.5.STABLE4-1.2.100mdk.
The latest Squid release i guessed. And it's a
Mandrake 10.0 Linux box.

I tried to reinstall squid and bring it up again. So
far, i think it's safe to say that it's quite stable
and it's been running for about 18 hours, which is way
a lot better than the time squid got into trouble.

By the way, i noticed few things when the squid
started to slowdown. First, it was the total space
arena thingy(which is shown below). Second, the access
to cachemgr would be very very slow. Lastly, the CPU
utilization will remains at 23-30% all the time.

Right after the reinstallation, the arena size is
still smaller than total size. But after its been
running for 18 hours, it's like this :-

      Total space in arena: 47688 KB
      Total in use: 45195 KB 94%
      Total free: 2824 KB 6%
      Total size: 48020 KB

Okay..by the time i wrote this email, it begins to
slowdown again...Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Brian