RE: [squid-users] squid don't cache

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:12:50 +0200

> As you can see i'm use a 40GB squid cache, since i "cleaned"
> the cache
> the size don't grow.
> I'm checking the size of the spool and the size of the squid
> box disc.
> During this last 3 days it was the same and whe are about 60 people
> using the cache! I can't see what's wrong!

 Many chance is that there's nothing wrong.

  - 60 people ain't a lot to fill a 40Gb Cache
  - the cache size is properly overkill for the amount of traffic
they are generating.
  - I guess the fill rate versus object expiration rate may remain
sligtly positive , if at all. But what you are seeing is probably
normal.

  - for my setup it took 3 weeks to fill a 40GB Cache with 1500 users,so
you can extrapolate...

  M.