RE: [squid-users] controlling https tunnels

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:46:13 +0200

> Hello,
>
> How can I control the use of HTTP CONNECT such that it will be allowed
> just for SSL traffic?

The default squid.conf and any setups derived for it uses
the 'SSL_Ports' acl to only allow CONNECT requests to port 443 through SQUID.

> Is it possible to call an external script on HTTP CONNECT? I intend to
> verify if the remote destination is indeed a HTTP/SSL server and it
> has a valid certificate.

Most humble, but in effect the browsers does the same when being 'CONNECTED'
through a SSL site and should normally issue a warning if a certificate
is not valid (e.g.)

M.