Re: [squid-users] High CPU

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:17:30 +0200

On 03.08 22:12, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Not good. 128 MB is way more than what is needed, and 1GB is defenitely
> total overkill and will cause serious problems in many configurations (you
> then risk running into OS process size limitations)

if he has 2GB of RAM and the machine is not user by other means (is it?),
using 1GB for memory cache is not a bad idea, imho. Of course, he has to
check process memory limits etc.

> > > maximum_object_size 128 MB
> >
> > this is imho too much for 13GB storage...
>
> Why?

in my experience the largest file that was fetched two times or more from
our cache, was ~20MB in its size and we have 30GB caches, and we use LFUDA
heap replacement policy. He uses lru replacement policy, where big objects
just decrease the cache efficiency.

Of course that highly depends on cache use, his clients/customers etc...

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.