Re: [squid-users] custom error pages not parsed right

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:14:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Jaap Struyk wrote:

> Yust try to create some custom error pages for squid, but somehow squid
> seems to "change" the html code;

> width="60%&quot;>

% is special in Squid error pages. If you want a % in the resulting HTML
you should use %%

Now, what you experience is not really what is intended. Unknown % codes
such as %" is supposed to be left untouched and the fact that it got HTML
escaped is a minor cosmetic bug. Please file a bug report for this and
I'll give you a patch (already have it prepared, but I need a but report
to attach it to)

Using %% always works, and is what should be used.