RE: [squid-users] Detected DEAD parent

From: SXB6300 Mailing <SXB6300@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:52:07 +0200

Only the same "Detected DEAD/REVIVED Sibling" messages. I remarked a few days ago
that there was too few squidguard processes running (msg "WARNING: All redirector
processes are busy") so I increased there numbers, and now I only have those
"Detected" messages, with some ("sslReadServer ...(104) Connection reset by peer"
which are normal I think). I will eventually increase the debug level to see
if I get something more.
I forgot to say that the parent proxies are running under RH7.1 with squid 2.4S3
(recompiled to increase the number of fd), but I don't think the problem comes
from here, as I also have the "detected" messages between 2 child proxies under
RH9 and squid 2.5S1. Too give a little more detail, all the squid proxies (parent
and child) arrive on the same switch, so I really don't think it's a network issue.
I have replaced one of the child proxy with a new dl360 (P4 2Ghz) under RH9 and squid
2.5S5 ; I still have some "Detected DEAD parent" messages, but they happen less
frequently (every 20-30 minutes, on the others it's almost every 2-3 minutes), but there
is also less traffic (only 1000 http requests/min).
Thx.

        P-E