RE: [squid-users] Squid problem - uncompleate pages

From: Petri Välisuo <petri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:02:12 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Elsen Marc wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i heve still problem with uncompleate pages loaded. I'm looking for
> > solve this problem few weeks but can't find solution. I ahve
> > found many
> > similar problem descriptions in mail lists, but nothing about
> > solutions.

I had similar problem: The images were not always shown properly. And when
I reloaded the page immediately after it was just loaded, the browser was
not able to connect to the squid proxy any longer for a while.

I did execute squid with -d flag for debugging, and found out that squid
process died always after serving a request and restarted after that.
Therefore it was temporarily unavailable time to time.

The reason was that the proxy user that I was using for squid was not
allowed to write to the cache directory, because it was owned by root.

Perhaps you should check that squid process has appropriate permissions
to write to the cache and log directories.

  -petri

--
Petri Välisuo <petri.valisuo@wasalab.com> +358 44 767 7774
PGP: http://www.wasalab.com/~petri/gpg_public_key.txt