Re: [squid-users] FTP Error --- FTP-Proxy

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:26:38 +0200

Tim Neto wrote:

> Note,
>
> The recommendation for an ftp-proxy is best.

Not at all. Squid can server ftp-content through http, but the browser
must accept those pages. FTP-Proxy is needed only for native ftp-clients.

> For IE though, check the setting.
>
> IE-> Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Browsing -> Use Passive
> FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility.)

Yes, and disable the folder view. Then you can use squid to access
ftp-sites.

Search the mail-archives for futher information, this topic is common.

>>> 2. I search a FTP-Proxy to runs as the same Machine as the Suid.
>>> the FTP-Proxy mus be run with any Standard FTP-Client over Port 21
>>> and should be use the Proxy authenitcation
>>>

>> then you should use a ftp-proxy like the proxy-suite:
>>
>> http://www.suse.de/en/whitepapers/proxy_suite/

frox can act as an ftp-frontend for squid if you still need a "real"
ftp-proxy.

Regards, Hendrik.