Re: [squid-users] squid user on NT4

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:11:02 +0200

Hi Jason,

At 17.20 09/08/2004, Jason Mirza wrote:

>The proxy and cache appear to be functioning correctly but I have a problem.
>
>I am using the NT version of the program. I have a number of users,
>'squid', 'internet' and 'administrator' all of which belong to the
>'squidusers' group. Administrator seems to be able to use the internet via
>squid which is picking up requests and responding appropriately. However,
>the 'internet' user cannot access the net at all. I cannot see why it is
>not working. The log and cache directories allow 'everyone' full control,

What authentication helper do you are using ?
How you are checking group membership ?

>the effective user group is 'squidusers' and the effective user is 'squid'.

If you are running native Windows binaries, this settings are unused.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/