Re: [squid-users] ssl internet explorer

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:41:55 +0200

Hi Robert...

Argh! Your posting is barely readable. You screwed the quoting
completely. And you openend a new thread instead of replying to my
posting. What kind of weird email client are you using? I usually don't
reply to b0rked postings. But as it's too hot to sleep anyway... :)

> For the proxy server I just use "the squid proxy name" port 3128

That's okay.

> I see alot of TCP DENIED, but it seems to happen with HTTP also... But
> with regular HTTP it will come up about the 3rd time. With HTTPS,
> sometimes if I hit refresh it will come up or send the info without me
> knowing it. But for an example with my bank account i get TCP DENIED also
> but buy the 3rd one it seems to authenticate with the log but I get that
> stupid error, and then the page is timed out on the bank side.

Do you have multiple Squid's in a sibling relation where one sibling
may have problems? That screwed the authentication on our site.

What kind of TCP_DENIED do you get? What error code?

> I was thinking maybe I could set up something with Iptables to redirect
> request to go directly out for https only?

You either use the proxy in your browser or you set Squid to
interception mode. And you cannot use authentication when using
the interception mode. Due to the nature of interception it can neither
provider HTTPS nor FTP.

You should read this:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html

 Christoph