Re: [squid-users] router hangs

From: Marc Hultquist <marc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:41:15 +0200

On Tuesday, 10 August 2004 13:18, Boskey Chheda wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> i have a Zyxel router to which , my squid machine is connected.
> There are around 150 users , whenever these users go through squid (at port
> 3128) , the speed is good for around 20-30 min. but after that the router
> simply freezes.
>
> But , when these users are given direct access there isn't any problem.
> I have 1GB of memory, and checked the usage through TOP, the memory is
> hardly used when squid is running.
>
> where else can i look into to see what's wrong ?
Sure its not your router or the interface on the router might be faulty ?
something like that maybe :p

Sorry its been a slow day and my brain is functioning just as slow :\

--
 Marc Hultquist (marc@cks.co.za)
 Networking Division.
 Computerkit Systems (Pty) Ltd
 http://www.cks.co.za
 (P) +27 11 695 5317
 (F) +27 11 312 1408
 (C) +27 82 563 2861
 Quote: Its a bad idea for geeks to be on low-carb diets. Low-carb means no
sugar, no sugar means cravings, cravings mean a loss of concentration, losing
concentration makes geeks irritable and geeks run the computers that run the
world's banks and militaries !!! . . . . . . .  . YE GODS !!! Give me a
frosted chocolate cake before we plunge into anarchy !!! - (c) J.D. "Illad"
Frazer(Userfriendly.org)
Confidentiality Notice:
The above message and all attachments may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the material from your computer. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the view of the entity transmitting the message.  Computerkit Retail Systems (Pty) Ltd hereby distances itself from and accepts no liability in respect of the unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes