[squid-users] Re: Using a helper program with squid

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:16:31 -0400

Sasan Dashtinezhad wrote:

> So, squid will grab the result from the original Web server, and send it
> to our program for modifications and wait for our program to respond.
> Squid will then send the results it gets from our program to its client.

Sounds similar to what redirectors do for requests. I'm not a Squid
developer, but I would suggest looking at the code for the redirector
interface and some of the reply acls (such as rep_mime_type) and developing
a patch to Squid to enable filtering/modification of the reply content by
an external program.

Adam