[squid-users] Squid Authentification

From: Kevin D <tmp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:33:46 +0200

Hi,

When internet users from my network open their navigator (Internet
explorer) and try to access to a website, they are asked for their
login/pass... This is Ok, but when they open another IE page, they are
asked again for the password (even if the first page is still open), and
again and again ... I think that it is a configuration problem, but i
can't find where ...

*** Part of squid.conf ***

auth_param basic program /etc/squid/mysql_squid_helper localhost
squid_helper password maildb users id crypt auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server auth_param basic
credentialsttl 2 hours

so if someone has got some idea about this problem, please tell me

thanks in advance

Kevin

(sorry if you got this mail 2 times, but my other account has been
banned for spam because i wrote an url in, to view my whole
configuration file)

"The following message was blocked because it contains sensitive
content." tsss