[squid-users] Re: SSH/OWA Publishing

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:56:03 -0400

AHendriks@rdw.nl wrote:

> I'm running a ssh server and a OWA server, which i wanted to publish,
> the construction i have created is the following.

> At my modem i receive ssh request on port 443, which i redirect to 22 in
> my internal network, using this port is the only way i can tunnel a
> connection throught the proxy from work.

> For OWA i have configured to listen on port 443 for owa clients, but
> when an request is made on the modem for port 443 is is redirected to
> 22, so it never reaches my owa server.

> I can forward all the request at port 443 to the proxy server, but can i
> configure the proxy to receive all the 443 request, and decide on the
> proxy server to which server the request is forwarded, for owa to the
> exchange server, and for ssh to the ssh server.

Note that attempting this likely violates employer policies (Acceptable Use,
Security, and possibly others), and could (among other things) get you
disciplined or fired.

That said, yes, what you want to do is possible, provided:

1) You have a second proxy listening on the modem line at home.
2) You have a client that supports tunnelling a CONNECT inside of a CONNECT.

Adam