Re: [squid-users] Proxy.pac syntax

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:47:49 +0200

* Robert Weininger (rw@pegasus-gmbh.de):

[Please do not post a new message to the list by replying to another,
completely unrelated one, it messes threading of mail within my mailreader.
Thanks!]

> i search the systax of a "proxy.pac" Configuration-Script for IE.
> i must change the FTP-Transfer to "passive FTP" for over 400 Useres!

This is not something you can use proxy.pac for; this file only
specifies whether to use a proxy for a specific request. The proxy.pac
syntax can be found here:
<http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html>

Unfortunately, the Microsoft FTP-Client (at least the one shipped with
NT) does not seem to support passive FTP. See
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271078>

If you want IE to use passive mode, you need to configure it within the
registry. Basically, all you need to do is emulating the manual setting
of "(Do not) enable folder view for FTP sites" and "Use passive FTP (for
firewall ...)", see
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323446> for a
general description.

To see which keys are being touched you could e.g. use regmon from
sysinternals.com. You can then propagate the registry changes via a
custom group or system policy or via regedit from within a logon script.
Good luck!