Re: [squid-users] NTLM Authentication with non Domain Users

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:35:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Jeremy Scribner wrote:

> If they enter a valid username and password everything works fine, until
> the open another IE window, they are then prompted to login again. I am
> wondering if there is any way to cache there login information either on
> there computer, or on the computer running squid.

The automatic proxy login MAY work if they open a SMB connection to the
domain allowing Windows to know their domain login, but I am not sure. It
also depends on their MSIE security settings.

The "Save password" checkbox in MSIE also works, if this exists in the
NTLM login box (it does exists at least in the Basic login box).

REgards
Henrik