RE: [squid-users] problems using java

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:48:46 +0200

> Hi,
>
> we use squid with dansguardian.
>
> Our Backoffice needs a Java-Program (.JLNP) which gets
> updates every day.
> But they can´t use the updated version trough the Proxy.
> Before they can use
> it they have to deled the java-cache.
>
> Is it possible to tell squid that he gives direct internet
> access when a
> specified URL is called by a client?

No because once the request is received by SQUID it
has to be handled by the proxy.

> Deleting the cache at
> every update is
> not so good.

On that matter , note also that it is the responsibility
of the remote webserver to include adequate freshness info
for given objects, including the one containing the java program.
Check further, for instance with :

  http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

Stated otherwise : webservers must be aware of the 'caching world'.

M.