RE: [squid-users] Adaptation of access.log

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:27:37 +0200

> Hi,
>
> ehm it seems to be a little bit difficult to upgrade Squid 2.3 to 2.5
> under our SuSE Linux 7.2. We have round about 120 servers running SuSE
> 7.2 with Squid 2.3 and for this distribution does not exist
> any rpm-file
> for squid higher than 2.3. I've tried to compile the sources
> of 2.5 but
> squid will crash after a client makes a connect to it.
> I started squid with squid -sYD and ps ax showes that it is running.
> But after a connect from a client, the process crashes without any
> logoutput.

   - Make sure that squid.conf is adequately reviewed when using 2.5
for the first time.
Start with squid.conf.default and 'merge' your requirements , in there.
Delete stuff you don't need and/or are excepting as defaults.

   - What's in cache.log when squid crashes ?

   M.

> Is there no chance to create a custom logformat with squid 2.3 ?

I am not authoritive, on that one, but's that probably like
asking the angels to come back,after they have already left our galaxy. Not speaking
of 100's of bugs as already mentioned you are still faced with >now<.